CSRF vulnerbility in Chamilo lms 1.11.10

Hello, My name is  Nguyen Dang Toan, I'm a Pentester.
In 22/04/2020, I wanted to looking for my CVE myself, then I choosed Chamilo lms. Hoang Kien is a my new friend, he wanted to help me --> we got two vulnerabilities. Hhaha :v

OK let's go.

This is a first vulnerability --> CSRF.

Version tested: Chamilo LMS 1.11.10 for PHP 7.3.
Web server: apache webserver-Apache/2.4.41 (Debian).
Pentester: Hoang Kien, Nguyen Dang Toan.

  1. Account takeover via CSRF.
    • Issue: Forge request edit_user to change all informations of administrator include credential information.

    • Poc:
    • Step1: user_id of administrator is always 1 or can find user_id via function whoisonline and more functions.

    Step2: Forge a request of administrator at function edit user information.
    These are original administrator’s informations.

    Use burp suite to intercept and edit a request like this:

    Step3: Use burp suite to generate CSRF PoC.


    Step4: Login with administrator account, and then administrator submit request forgery.



    After that, these are administrator information. Of course, administrator credential is:

    Username: hacker
    Password: hacker

  2. Privilege escalation via CSRF.
    • Issue: Forge request edit_user to change all informations of user include credential information and make user to be administrator.
    • Poc:
    • Step1: Create user ‘321’ like below picture.
      Step2: Use burp suite to request body.

      Step3: CSRF Generate Poc.


      Step4: Login with administrator account, and then administrator submit request forgery.



      Step5: Login with user ‘321’ --> administrator.

Finally: If you want to read my second vulnerability in Chamilo lms --> at here.

Nhận xét