Improper Privilege Management in Chamilo lms 1.11.10 lead to Privilege Escalation

Hello, My name is  Nguyen Dang Toan, I'm a Pentester.

In 22/04/2020, I wanted to looking for my CVE myself, then I choosed Chamilo lms. Hoang Kien is a my new friend, he wanted to help me --> we got two vulnerabilities. Hhaha :v

Ok, let's go.

This is a second vulnerability in Chamilo lms.

Version tested: Chamilo LMS 1.11.10 for PHP 7.3.
Web server: apache webserver-Apache/2.4.41 (Debian).
Pentester: Hoang Kien, Nguyen Dang Toan.

Issue: Allow user with Sessions administrator to create a new user with administrator privilege.

Poc: 
Step1: Login ‘abcd’ user with Sessions administrator.

Step2: Create a new user has named ‘654’.

Step3: Click button edit user ‘654’.

Step4: Intercept is on (burp suite) and click save. After that, edit request body like below picture.

Step5: Login ‘654’ user. And ‘654’ is administrator.


Ok, done!
I wanna say thanks to Hoang Kien, he is a new friend.

Finally: You can read my first vulneralility in Chamilo lms at here.

Nhận xét